Vehicle Concept Artist
We're looking for a Vehicle Concept Artist to join us and help push forward an exciting new project!
Chuhai Labs is an indie developer / publisher founded in 2002 by Nintendo alumnus Giles Goddard who developed classic titles including Star Fox, 1080 Snowboarding, Super Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Chuhai Labs is located in the beautiful city of Kyoto, Japan
Why Chuhai Labs?
As a company we embrace remote working, and recognise its benefits. As long as we get the results we need - excellent work, which satisfies our customers, done on schedule - we are willing to be as flexible as we can. We offer rare chances for accomplished people from all over the world in all walks of life, to work their ideal job whilst living the life they want, at their own pace.
What We Need You To Do
- Collaborate with the Art and Design teams to establish a consistent visual direction for vehicles in order to design visually cohesive vehicle concept art for a range of different vehicles.
- Produce high quality finished concept art with an appropriate sense of color, drama, shape language, personality, and design based on the highly stylised direction of the project.
- Author vehicle concept art in the form of thumbnails, sketches, breakdowns, reference sheets, paintings, and other digital imagery.
- Create technical and aesthetic breakdowns of concept art to support art, design and engineering efforts.
Required Experience & Knowledge
- 3+ years industry experience as a concept artist.
- Have worked on at least one commercially shipped title.
- Excellent 2D drawing skills with a strong grasp of composition, color theory, perspective, lighting and crucially for this role vehicle art.
- Portfolio of high-quality examples of vehicle concept art.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and proactive about acquiring knowledge and learning new skills.
- Familiarity with 3D asset creation workflows.
- 3D modeling and sculpting skills.
- Currently resides in Japan.
What's The Next Step?
- Click the button below to send us an email and apply!
- We’ll invite all appropriate candidates to a video interview.
- We’ll keep all applicants informed of their status throughout the hiring process.
- Join a team and studio worth falling in love with
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Chuhai Labs is an independent game studio and publisher based in the birthplace of Nintendo - Kyoto, Japan!