Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a remote home to bring your AAA game lighting skills and experience, look no further! Bring your passion for creating gorgeous and evocative, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with, along with a great environment and exciting AAA game jobs to work on. We also offer a full suite of benefits!
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and fun are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA experience to qualify for this role. We are sorry, but Lost Boys Interactive is not able to sponsor visas at this time
What you'll be doing with our Lighting team:
- Build beautiful real-time lighting for environments, interiors, character and props for our AAA games.
- Use lighting to emphasize drama or narrative, and to establish/clarify location, weather, time of day.
- Partner with the various discipline leads to define a cohesive, visionary look for Lost Boys titles.
- proactively seek opportunities to elevate the game, enjoy improving workflows using emerging technologies, embrace constructive feedback, and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Challenge yourself to use the most efficient lighting approach possible without sacrificing visual quality
- Drive the quality and visual standards across multiple platforms and support the technical development for Lost Boys projects
- Contribute ideas and visual concepts to the visual development of the project
- Use a wide variety of lighting technologies, from highly accurate real-time raytracing down to pre-baked lightmaps.
- Manage multiple complex tasks Asset export and implementation into Unreal Engine
What you bring to our island:
- 5 or more years experience working in AAA games with shipped titles is a must for this role
- An understanding of PBR lighting theory, current game tech and development methods
- Familiarity with optimization and tuning adjustments for performance to stay within technical budgets across multiple platforms.
- Experience with lighting in the UE4 pipeline, including a desire to learn and develop hands-on skills working in UE5-Lumen.
- An understanding of spatial composition and lighting techniques that influence mood, tone, and aesthetic within a scene (natural lighting, key lighting, three point, etc.)
- A demonstrated understanding of rendering principles for human skin, hair, and clothing.
- Experience collaborating with object/character/environment modelers, VFX artists, and rendering engineers to develop new solutions/tools/tech/pipelines. We are very collaborative!
- Some proficiency in industry-standard software such as Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer, and Photoshop.
You’ll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you’ll be working on. Come join our merry band. Apply today and become part of the Lost Boys adventure!
Your application has been successfully submitted.