2D Art Intern - Paid London
Gram Games is the studio behind some of the most popular mobile titles like 1010!, Six! and Merge Dragons!. We’ve recently released Merge Magic! and we have more awesome projects in the pipeline. We do things differently here: we work in small self-managing teams, enabling you to have an incredible amount of ownership, autonomy and impact. We'll never ask you to abandon your craft and just focus on managing others or workload.
At Gram everyone is expected to have a razor-sharp focus on what creates tangible impact: impact on their team, impact on their work environment, and impact on the overall company strategy. If you are motivated by autonomy, constant improvement, collaboration, and a sense of belonging this is the right job for you.
As a Game Artist Intern at Gram Games, you'll work with an A+ mobile team to help grow and develop art styles and create assets for live and possible new titles. Your objective, like everyone else in Gram, will be growing the titles from a hit to an evergreen mega-hit. You will work with Designers, Developers and other talented Artists across the company to craft dazzling assets that will steal the hearts of our players and position the games for greater success.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- An amazing eye for composition and color
- Hands-on experience with digital design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Passion for the development of mobile games
- Extremely well versed in shape, value, and color theory
- Thorough and well organized
- Able to work with ambitious goals and see a project through its end while working within deadlines
- Ability to match various existing art styles, as well as to differentiate between styles strongly.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Nice to have;
- Knowledge of agile scrum
- Experience in casual/mobile games
- A degree in visual arts, animation, visual effects or a comparable degree
- 2D cell and bone animation experience
- Knowledge of Unity and After Effects
- Basic knowledge in UI/UX
Please note that our intern positions are rolling, and will be filled on a need-basis. The candidates who are going to be available for at least 6 months will be preferable. We are currently operating in a Hybrid working arrangement (2 to 3 days in the office); we no longer offer fully remote.
We thank all candidates for applying, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building bonds through play ; GAMES! Merge Gems! Merge, grow, and sparkle! ; GAMES! Merge Dragons! Our all new puzzle adventure game