2D FX Artist
We're looking for a 2D FX Artist who has the technique/knowledge to create effects for Unity usage. We are searching for someone who brings new expertise, is independent, has fresh ideas, and enjoys collaborating with a multi-national cross-functional remote team to develop highly engaging gameplay features and bring positive user experiences all year round.
- Creating 2D FX art assets that balance performance, efficiency, and artistry, to achieve optimal run time visual quality and game performance.
- Research, experiment and derive effects from real-world or supernatural references before creating effects for gameplay.
- Collaborates with the art director, artists, and programmers to ensure that FX meets the pipeline and workflow requirements.
- Assist in developing workflow and content pipelines and tools for the art team. Creating tools and code to facilitate automated workflows
- Analysing art asset performance efficiency and in-game usage to ensure excellent game performance by collaborating with engineers, artists, and designers.
- Evaluating and sourcing the most efficient asset system or process that considers whether developing, co-developing or an off-the-shelf solution is best.
- Sharing knowledge and best practices with teammates.
You may be a good fit if you:
- Prior experience in creating 2D effects for one or more shipped games.
- Experience working with a game engine (Unity is a plus) and its particle system.
- Knowledge of building, implementing, and improving art tools in Unity.
- Knowledge of Unity Video Effects Graph & particle effect system is also a plus.
- Knowledge of content creation software, especially 3d Software like Maya/Blender and Photoshop.
- Experience developing for cross-platforms and an excellent understanding of the performance characteristics of mobile hardware, Unity, scalability, performance profiling techniques, and optimisation (CPU / GPU / Shaders / Models).
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of lighting, shader creation, particle effects and animation pipeline in games.
- A good understanding of the technical aspects of game art creation.
- The chops to lead the creation of high-quality game art efficiently.
- Excellent multitasking, organisational, communication, and team collaboration skills.
- Understand and embrace the speed of a growing startup
- Comfortable in working with remote team members in various timezones
- Willing to get your hands dirty and get work done
- Have a strong interest in anime and mobile games
- Experience with pixel art games will be a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Combining our experience across different western and eastern mediums, we want to bring fresh community-driven perspectives to the RPG genre