3D Character Artist
Are you a self directed, hungry 3D Character Artist who has production experience with Unreal 4 or later and are comfortable modeling and texturing for console and pc for FPS? Are you also a team player who possesses excellent communication skills, a strong sense of accountability, and a desire to collaborate, learn, and grow with some of the top developers in the industry? If so, we’d love to talk with you!
Please note, relocation assistance or remote work within the United States may be available for this role.
- Solid expertise modeling/texturing low and high quality 3D character assets (human and non-human) in 3D Studio Max, Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop for Unreal 4 or later.
- Command of techniques for keeping performance and memory budgets for console/pc development.
- A comfortable and positive demeanor; open to receiving, collaborating, and contributing thoughts, ideas, and concepts from pre-conception to pre-production, production and finaling.
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates breadth of skill, character styles, and genres (please ensure there is a working link included in your resume!)
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
You Also Have:
- 3+ years of game industry employment and at least 1+ shipped FPS title.
- Extensive experience retopologizing sculpted geometry to game-ready models.
- A knack for creating high-quality texture maps for use in a PBR workflow
- Experience transferring high-resolution detail model information to texture maps.
- Applied and modified cutting edge material techniques
- An efficient approach to managing and applying UVs
- Knowledge of high and low resolution 3D character pipelines and processes, LODs and optimisation methods.
- A desire to share your techniques and mentor your colleagues.
- Experience rigging, skinning and animating 3D assets.
- 3D modeling and texturing of hard surface assets including environments, vehicles and props.
- Assist with interviews and the growth of our art team.
- Traditional illustration/fine arts training.
- Experience in mobile platforms.
- A love for games, and playing them regularly.
- Outside interests!
A steadily growing game production studio located in Boston, MA. Developing games is our passion and we bring over 20 years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry games such as Hearthstone, Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect. Now is a great time to join Demiurge, as we are about to begin development on our next hit game!
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Careers, not jobs. Apply today, and let us dedicate ourselves to getting your career to the next level.