Animator - d3t
d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is continuing to grow and we are looking for an Animator to join the expanding Animation Team. Our studio, part of the Keywords Studios Group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
Our studio is based near Runcorn in Cheshire, and we offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are incredibly passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz including 2021 and 2022. In addition, we recently won ‘Best Creative Service Provider‘ at Develop 2022.
The Role - Animator
d3t need -
- A passionate, talented Animator with an understanding of anatomy and motion, to create high quality animations both for in-game and cinematic scenes, alongside the rest of the fabulous d3t Animation Team
Do you want to -
- Breathe life, personality and emotion into characters
- Create amazing animations for games
- Work on AAA games
- Collaborate with amazing games studios around the world
You will -
- Help create world class character animations on a variety of games.
- Create highly polished animations from initial block out through to final polish in game
- With a strong understanding of anatomy and motion, create high quality animations both for in-game and cinematic scenes and an understanding of what makes good camera composition
- Ensure animation work meets all technical constraints, and adhere to guidelines regarding naming conventions, texture layering structures, folders etc
- Respond to animation direction effectively and assist in both providing and implementing feedback
- With a professional and organised approach, you stick to schedules, promptly feedback any concerns, update Jira and communicate progress
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the animation team
- Work with Animation Leads to ensure consistency between initial vision and final animations
- Add to our library of tutorials, documents and technical guides to improve efficiency in the animation pipeline and be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues.
- Mentor Junior Animators
- Very good animation skills demonstrated through show reel
- Proficiency in Maya/3DS Max, UE4/Unity, Excel and Jira
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving and experience of mentoring and sharing technical knowledge with junior team members
- Good communication and organisation skills and confident working within a multidisciplinary animation team
- Flexible and calm approach with the ability to adapt with change
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks, and a hunger to learn and improve as an Animator
- Ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints
- Passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game animation techniques
Some of the many benefits and perks offered by d3t, alongside a fantastic working environment:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical & Dental Insurance
- Eye Care Scheme
- Employee Share Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos - an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Tech and Bike Scheme
- Training & Industry Events
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, a BBQ, snacks etc.
Don't meet every single requirement? Not a problem - please apply. At d3t we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace and culture. If this opportunity excites you but your current skills or experience don't align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles within our team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
International technical services provider to the global video games industry