At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We're seeking a skilled and passionate Senior Animator to bring the characters, creatures and planes of Magic to life in MTG Arena!
As a Senior Animator you will craft 3D and 2D stylized animations, emphasizing the wonder of Magic and its characters, with the goal of delighting players at every turn. Your exceptional understanding of traditional and 3D animation techniques, problem-solving abilities, and gamer sensibilities are essential as you work with artists, designers, and programmers to build outstanding play experiences that celebrate the vast array of monsters, heroes, and villains that inhabit the planes of Magic. You'll also harness your experience to mentor and grow other animators and artists.
What You’ll Do:
- Articulate the vision for game animations as they relate to the overall aesthetic and style of MTG Arena.
- Establish character behaviors and design animations that bring the characters and creatures of Magic to life, collaborating with the entire art team to build a cohesive experience.
- Develop, maintain, and improve the quality of animations for real time game assets.
- Work with the game team to ensure all technical, design, and production requirements are met.
- Drive process and execution refinement as you visualize and develop animation features with the Tech Art team.
- Mentor other artists and animators, leading the charge as we build a culture of growth.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years professional experience as a 3D Animator in game development or an equivalent field, creating or working from concepts to create the most excellent and amazing animations.
- Proven experience as a 3D Animator in game development or an equivalent field, creating or working from concepts to deliver exciting and evocative animations.
- Experience crafting and implementing animations for game engines, particularly in Unity.
- Expertise in human, animal, and creature anatomy and motion.
- Ability to express and display means of animation through word and physical gestures.
- Solid background in traditional arts, lighting, creature and character design, and animation.
- Solid understanding or background in concepting, modeling, and/or VFX.
- Experience delivering content in games, with an emphasis on mobile platforms.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
In every pursuit our mission is to inspire a lifetime love of games.