Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US and Canada.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a Gameplay Animator who’s passionate about building extraordinary new experiences that inspire others. You’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
- Strong demo reel demonstrating mastery over animation fundamentals
- Strong keyframe skill and able to animate in a realistic style
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- A passion for outstanding animation
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- 1+ shipped AAA titles
- An eagerness to contribute to many different areas of development
- Fantastic communication skills
YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Developing and crafting high-quality view model and full body gameplay animations that deliver insanely great player experiences
- Integrating animations into the game engine, and working with engineers to extend and maintain animation systems
- Collaborating with the Lead Animator and Technical Animator to problem solve animation and pipeline issues
- Contributing to concept, direction, and game design for all Mountaintop projects
- Working with external animation vendors to provide feedback and provide direction on outsourced animations
- Following animation best practices that ensure consistently excellent results
- Working closely with designers and engineers to create gameplay prototypes, as well as recognizing opportunities for animation to enhance gameplay
- Contributing to a team culture that prides itself on excellence, innovation, trust, and respect
- Experience working on first person and full body animations
- Experience working in Maya or similar 3D software.
- Experience working on live service games
- Experience with both mocap and keyframed animation
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Mountaintop is a new game studio from veterans of Naughty Dog, Oculus, Respawn, Epic, Double Fine, and Hidden Path.