We are Turtle Rock Studios. An award-winning game developer of AAA first person shooters and other games, including the latest co-op shooter franchise, Back 4 Blood . We are located in the heart of Orange County, CA. We thrive in an open and collaborative environment which is led to this day by co-founders Chris Ashton and Phil Robb.
We are seeking a passionate animator to help deliver amazing gameplay experiences. You will collaborate with the development team to bring our iconic characters to life. The ideal candidate has a passion for games and demonstrates a clear knowledge of animation principles through their work. Join us, where the goal is to just make great games.
- Work closely with the Lead Animator and team to create industry-leading appealing animation and immersive, memorable, and seamless gameplay experiences
- Give characters unique personalities that embody the artistic and gameplay style and vision
- Constantly push animation quality higher
- Collaborate with character and tech art teams during all character creation phases
- Collaborate and iterate quickly with designers and programmers from prototype to final
- Work in engine creating, implementing, tuning, and regularly testing animation assets with an attention to detail
- Organize complicated sets of animation data and assets
- Help establish and refine animation pipeline and tools
- Coordinate with all departments to achieve project goals
- Strong understanding of animation principles
- Strong keyframe and mocap clean-up animation skills
- Experience animating humanoid characters and creatures
- Experience with animation systems in Unreal Engine 4, or equivalent (animation blueprints, graphs and state machines, blendspaces, and montages)
- Creative problem solving at all stages of development
- Strong communication skills, a team player, and a positive attitude
- Able to provide objective feedback and take direction well
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated, able to maintain high quality of in-game animation and consistent progress without constant supervision
- Your reel must be included with your resume
- An animation test may be required
- 3+ years game industry experience
- Expert with Maya or similar package
- Working knowledge of modeling, skinning, and rigging for games and how it pertains to animation
- Familiarity of development tools such as Perforce, JIRA, and Confluence
Some of the benefits and perks our employees get to enjoy, include:
- Competitive salary
- 100% healthcare coverage
- 401k matching
- Profit sharing plan
- Generous time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Career improvement program
- Pet friendly office
- Fully stocked kitchen, sponsored food trucks, etc.
*This is a permanent full-time position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A multi-project, award-winning independent developer located in the heart of Orange County, CA.