Job Title: Artist, Video
Department: Marketing Creative
Location: Remote – Canada
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As an Artist, Video you will be responsible for creating industry-leading trailers and supporting video media content produced by Marketing Creative for the Call of Duty franchise.. You will contribute in multiple areas of production from start to finish, including game capture, editorial, post-FX, and finishing, both creating your own assets and supporting other Artists and Senior Artists. This position reports into the Creative Team Lead (Video).
Capable of following and ideating on creative briefs for video production in the following areas:
- Create trailers and supporting media content for our IPs from scratch using a combination of gameplay capture, sound design, and music. This can include short-form social content up to long-form trailers.
- Work with Leads and ACDs to develop shot lists, storyboards, and outlines as needed.
- Direct and capture gameplay with knowledge of shot composition, blocking, and camera workflows (depth of field, aperture, focus, lenses).
- Working with and troubleshooting game development builds to manipulate camera tools to achieve cinematic gameplay capture.
- Capable of creative ideation with knowledge of trailer editing techniques, including music editing and sound design at a high-quality.
- Applying post-effects to footage including camera-shake, transitions, color correction, or any other supporting software or plugins.
- Extensive knowledge in post-production workflows, including cutdowns, versioning, video codecs and delivery formats, transcoding, and media management.
- Work with and support other editors and capture artists in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient in editing with Adobe Premiere CC, with supporting knowledge in After Effects, Photoshop, and other relevant editorial software and plugins.
- Experience in gameplay capture or videography/cinematography.
- Ability to work under tight timelines and adapt creative when scope is adjusted with a solutions-oriented mindset and composure.
- Passion and understanding of gaming, with a foundational knowledge of the first-person genre.
- Prioritize asks and multitask effectively when needed during complex project.
- Thick skinned, good listener and able to give and take constructive criticism
- A portfolio or demo reel showcasing editorial work.
- 1-2 years of experience in the video game industry working on equivalent forms of assets.
- College degree in the requisite field or equivalent experience preferred.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting and engaging the world through epic entertainment.