2D Artist (Generalist)
The 2D artist creates high quality assets in a variety of visual styles for our games. You are comfortable with working on many different elements during the game development process from start to finish. You have a love for creating dynamic and vibrant UI in a variety of styles, and you understand its value in helping our players feel immersed in our games.
- Creating unique high quality 2D assets ready to go in-game
- Creating all UI elements, including icons, menu screens, buttons and more.
- Creating promotional material, such as splash screens, logo and icon designs
- Working with the art team to deliver on sprint commitments, as well as continuing to improve the quality of art and the processes in the art department
- You work well in multi disciplinary teams (10 - 20 members)
- You work in an organised manner and keep a neat file and folder structure.
What we are looking for:
- Your focus is on colourful and stylised artwork.
- You're comfortable working in multiple styles, and you know how to work with established guidelines.
- You love rendering, whether it's illustrations or UI, and are able to do so in a variety of styles.
- Your portfolio reflects a proficient knowledge of basic art principles such as color, light, anatomy and design.
- You have affinity for creating promotional materials, and love to create artwork that attracts players to our games.
What could help:
- Understanding of the game art pipeline, from concept to modeling and implementation
- Basic understanding of Unity
- Experience with Agile development
- A background in traditional arts and art history
- Affinity for graphic design
- Experience with 3D art
- Creativity: You are able to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions and adopt out of the box points of view.
- Accountability: You take responsibility for your own actions, those of colleagues and the organization and stimulate others to do the same
- Flexibility: You have the ability to change your behavioral style and/or views in order to reach a certain goal.
- Initiative: You have the ability to recognize and create opportunities and to act accordingly. Rather starting something than waiting passively for it to happen.
- You have excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Proficiency in similar software like Procreate or CSP is a pre, but not required.
- You are able to communicate in fluent English
- You are able to work at our basecamp in The Hague when required
- You are able to work 32-40 hours per week
Are you qualified?
We would much rather read your application, than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen : We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark : We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted : We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship : We are in this together
- Autonomy : We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team
- Positive, healthy work environment
- 25 days of vacation and 5 additional national holidays per year
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- Competitive salary, a pension plan and other benefits
- Remote work possibilities & flexible hours
- Relocation support
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility.
Our take on the post-Covid work situation
We value our team spirit, a healthy work life balance and company culture. This is why we adopted a hybrid structure that allows us to work from home and in the studio. This is why we would like you to be able to come into the studio every once in a while. We will offer support during the relocation proces.
If you prefer to work remote, we are open to finding a way to make that work. However, we prefer candidates to be roughly in the same time zone to ensure in sync work routines with the rest of the team.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Cut The Rope Remastered - A remaster of the legendary Cut the Rope puzzle game!
- Good Job! - Climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're an independent game studio from The Netherlands. We create games that make you smile - be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh or evil grin.