We're looking for a Senior Concept Artist to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
A Senior Concept Artist at Hypixel Studios is a critical component of how our creative process connects the art and design teams, inspiring both aesthetic and functional decisions in Hytale.
As a Senior Concept Artist , you will collaborate daily with other artists as well as level and game designers, creating both loose sketches and highly polished concept art and other visual development materials for Hytale.
Who you are:
- A versatile concept artist, capable of loose ideation as well as refined illustration
- You have a strong grasp of fundamental visual arts theories such as color, form, composition, value, etc.
- Driven to visually design content that will delight our players, and inspire Hytale artists and our game & level design team
- An excellent communicator: you love providing feedback, sharing and documenting knowledge, and engaging with artists and designers
- A positive person who leads by example while contributing to the studio culture with the actions you take on the team
Some of your role:
- Create thumbnails, sketches, paintovers of rough geometry, and fully rendered concept art
- Closely collaborate with artists, game designers, level designers, our Creative Director and other studio leadership to produce high quality designs that inspire the visual direction of content for Hytale
- Take your knowledge of story tropes, archetypes, human and animal anatomy, and genres of all kinds to inform asset design for Hytale
- Work with the Art Director to maintain and advance Hytale’s art style
- Document your creative explorations and results
- A portfolio demonstrating a strong grasp of fundamental visual arts theories such as color, form, composition, value, etc.
- 5+ years experience in a professional Concept Artist role with a focus on stylized or non-photorealistic content
- Skilled at concepting animals, creatures and characters as well as environments and props
- Capable of concepting in a variety of styles and creative genres
- Demonstrable player empathy
- Graphic design skills
- 3D art skills
- Experience in animation or VFX
- Passion for game design
- Experience in the block genre
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.