Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Create Animation is one of EA's central teams, responsible for bringing characters and performances to life across all of EA's franchises. Led by veterans from film and game industries, we work on award-winning franchises in partnership with teams like Maxis (The Sims), BioWare (Mass Effect, Dragon Age), Respawn (Jedi: Fallen Order, Apex Legends), EA Sports (FIFA, Madden) and other high profile game teams! We work on a diverse catalog of games across many different animation styles, from realistic to stylized, from humans to creatures.
The Senior Animator we are looking for will need to have expert level keyframe animation skills. Additionally, they will need to be comfortable shooting their own video reference, design strong core poses that convey the story and polish the animation to expected high quality benchmarks set by the team.
- Work with the Animation Director, Leads & team to maintain consistent, high-quality animation and technical delivery expectations for the project.
- Effectively collaborate across disciplines including Design, Production, Engineering, Art, Modeling, VFX, and Audio, to deliver on player goals and experience for a product.
- Expert execution of key frame animation with heavy emphasis on full body character acting and performance.
- Self- Driven, ability to determine and set priorities for self and others.
- Able to shoot video reference, matching believable performance direction with creative vision and style.
- Excellent oral and written skills to effectively collaborate with multiple departments including art, tech and production.
- Exhibit a passionate, positive and collaborative approach to troubleshooting day-to-day challenges and effectively work with team members to find solutions.
- Actively contribute to the continued improvements of the techniques and best practices of the animation team as well as offer mentorship where applicable.
- Ensure all work is clean and organized with regards to assets within each file as well as file structure and storage.
- Accept feedback and critiques to tailor your work towards the expected game experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Consistently create feature film quality keyframe animation with heavy emphasis on full body character acting and performance.
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior/Lead Animator in film or AAA game titles.
- Expert keyframe animation ability combined with an excellent understanding of traditional animation principles and fundamentals.
- Mastery of high-end animation software packages, preferably Maya.
- Ability to understand or hands-on experience with animation state flows and blending trees in game engines such as Unity or Unreal.
- Animation background, degree in Fine Arts or Computer Animation.
- Technical aptitude and curiosity for problem solving.
- Knowledge of MEL, Python or other scripting languages.
- Experience with facial and body motion capture processes.
- Experience in Perforce and Shotgrid tools.
- Enjoy playing games.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Inspire the World to Play