The Pixel Artist will work with a small team of developers and artists to populate the world, enemies and locations of the game. This role should last around 4~ months of full time work.
About GBStudio Project
This is an action adventure game set in an existing entertainment/anime property. Poppy Works is taking the IP in a brand-new direction; adapting the existing IP to a retro setting and taking inspiration from the original technical limitations. Our team and publisher have experience and educated knowledge of the genre we are working in. The primary platform is Gameboy Color.
Everyone on our team is interdisciplinary. Showing a diversity of skillset and execution will be a good indicator of a strong candidate. This project is being developed with GBStudio 3. Applicants will need strong English-language skills.
- Animate modern and fantasy enemies.
- Draw and decorate scenes and various kinds of locations.
- Animate spells, effects and giant cats.
- 1 shipped game as a generalized pixel artist.
- Strong visual design skills and experience working closely with artists and producers.
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, iterative team environment.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Bonus Bonus Bonus
- Affinity for anime, fantasy or 90s pop aesthetics.
- Reasonable experience working with an entirely remote team.
- Familiarity with various bug tracker system(s) and version control repos.
All of our applicants and our team members generally agree to the following principals:
- Poppy Works has been a remote studio since its founding. Timely Communication amongst the team is critical to the success of any of our projects. It's better to over-share than to not share at all.
- Being proactive in requesting help or materials from others is key to success on a remote team.
- Balancing work and life is not only important for the health of our team members, but for the health of our projects.
- Members of our team will have respect for all races, spiritual beliefs, sexual identities and level of ability.
All candidates must be able to adapt to remote working, asynchronous communication and be willing to attend remote meetings with their peers and colleagues to resolve issues and to collaborate on meaningful tasks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Let's make some games.