We’re looking for someone who is excited about this crazy big mission, and is experienced in the creation of stylized 3d art and assets. The work will predominantly be of environmental art, and our desired art style is one inspired by games such as Animal Crossing and Pokemon Sword&Shield.
We are on the cutting-edge of web-based gaming, and our engine of choice is WebGL-based. As we are not using Unity or Unreal, there may be unique challenges on occasion, on which you will work together with our dedicated technical artist.
What you’ll be doing
- creation of 3d environmental assets to be used in the game, bringing our team’s vision and concepts to life. Doing so whilst adhering to the principles of our Art Bible, with freedom to experiment with the style where appropriate.
- work together with the concept artists/tech artists to develop and manage the pipeline for asset creation and integration
- potential to develop into a lead 3d artist role, overseeing the growth of the 3d team
What we’re looking for
- someone who meshes well culturally with our team, is motivated and is passionate about the power of cozy games, and our vision of sharing a brighter, solarpunk future world with gamers across the world
- substantial portfolio of past work consisting of stylised handpainted 3d art, especially environmental assets
- strong understanding of 3d modelling, UV mapping, texture painting, and other relevant techniques. Bonus: expertise in rigging & animations, and knowledge of shaders.
- a growth mindset, with the ability to learn on the job, and an eagerness to solve potentially new and unique challenges
- capable of working well remotely and collaboratively in a team setting, and strong written & verbal communication skills in English
- Form of employment: Full-time contract, 40 hours/week (flexible with leave)
- Employment length: 6-8 months, with potential to transform into a longer-term, permanent position
- Employment location: Fully remote
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Rate: $25-$30 USD/hour
How to apply
Give us a shout th your resume and portfolio attached – we’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Hey there, we’re Qloud Games, and we’re working on Loftia. We’re a tight-knit, fully remote team with members from all over the globe