Cutscene Animator (Temp)
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you think one frame at a time? Can you supercharge meaning into an animated performance, with everything from explosive reactions to subtle expressions? Do you view animation as player input, expression, emotion and reward all wrapped together? If you see animation and gameplay as inseparable partners in the creation of great entertainment, we’d love to talk to you about a role on our animation team.
We’re seeking an experienced character animator to help us create the next installment of the WWE2K franchise. You’ll be responsible for creating entertaining gameplay, facial performances and cinematic animation. You will work closely with designers, artists and engineers to ensure that your characters perform flawlessly, look amazing, and deliver raw emotion and impactful game and cinematic moments.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates who consider themselves game-makers, regardless of platform or development, tool, or backend focus. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
What You Will Do:
- Create body and facial animations using motion capture data and keyframe animation
- Animate characters, cameras and props in both gameplay and cut scenes to deliver high impact moments
- Work closely with designers to achieve maximum clarity, performance and responsiveness, so the game looks and feels amazing
- Work with technical artists and engineers to ensure characters look as great in-game as on your desktop
- Collaborate with other members of the animation team to create consistent work and share inspiration
- Implement and tune animation in game in our proprietary animation system
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- Three or more years of experience as an animator for the games industry
- Portfolio of character animation work (keyframe, motion capture or both)
- Ability to collaborate and work side by side with a team of designers and animators
- Ability to take direction well
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver
- Must have current U.S. work authorization
- Passion for video games (not just ours!)
- Experience editing motion capture animation data
- Experience composing and animating cameras in a cinematic style
- Proficient in the use of Motionbuilder and Maya
- Experience working with outsourcing
- Have eye for quality and technical details, able to give feedback and reviews
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Visual Concepts has been a driving force in the video game industry for 30+ years.