Senior Gun Artist
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Senior Gun Artist to join us in creating our next game for consoles and PC! This position is fully remote and open to applicants across the country.
Are you able to translate 2D concepts into fully realized 3D weapons, vehicles, and armor? Are you a passionate game developer looking to create the best experiences possible?
Awesome. Come join our creative, collaborative studio where you will be part of a tight, integrated team of game developers and will help craft visually inspiring player characters, and enemy creatures that are as fun to look at as they are to blow up.
Your Day to Day
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Create models, textures, and materials for guns, armor, and vehicles
- Translate concept art and design ideas into 3D
- Help develop final look of hard surface models under the guidance of the Art Director
- Help set and maintain the high quality bar for the game
- Assist in scoping work for on time milestone deliveries
Your Career Progression
Do the best work of your career! No, really, that’s what we expect of you. Come aboard and work with industry veterans all working to improve their craft and become better game developers. The small team atmosphere allows you to contribute more and have greater ownership over what you do day to day.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a gun artist
- Passion for playing and creating games
- Self driven with strong communication skills
- Ability to tackle challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work closely with many other disciplines and be a team player
- Ability to bring an asset from modeling all the way to texturing and getting the object in game
- Understanding of texture creation
- Experience creating hard surface assets
- Strong sense of three-dimensional form
- Skilled in creating and understanding PBR materials
- Advanced understanding of Maya/Max, Photoshop, ZBrush
- Advanced understanding of current game art pipelines and methodologies
Would Love to See
- Experience creating 2D rough concepts and/or illustrations
- Experience with Substance, Topogun, Maya, or other additional 3D tools
- Experience with multiplayer games and/or shooters
- Experience with Unreal Engine (UE4)
- No requirement
- This position is fully remote and open to applicants across the country.
- Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered
About our Location
Cold Iron is a team of passionate game developers located in San Jose, California. We’re a diverse group of veterans with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning shooter, MMO, and action titles on PC and console. We launched Aliens: Fireteam Elite in August 2021 to critical acclaim and to a very devoted fan base.
Exceptional employee benefits, Remote work; 18 days PTO first year in addition to 11 paid holidays plus company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s Day; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, annual stipend to help cover work from home expenses, ultra-creative environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're a diverse group of passionate gamers with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning shooter, MMO, and action titles