For over a decade KIXEYE has innovated the competitive gaming sector while focusing on innovation, fidelity, and accessibility. Based in Victoria, British Columbia, KIXEYE has constantly and reliably enhanced the user experience with a nuance based attitude that leaves no detail too small to perfect. With our operations head located in Western Canada and our employees across the United States, Australia, Vietnam and Spain, KIXEYE allows the efficiency of streamline systems with the flexibility of global appeal.
Benefits and Perks at KIXEYE
- Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation structure
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance: Good health is essential to your well being. Always look and feel your best at KIXEYE.
- Life & Disability Insurance: If you are ever knocked off your feet, you can rest assured that we’ll have your back.
- PTO / Holidays: You work hard, balance makes for better work. It’s your time off, use it however you want.
- Continuous Improvement: An annual budget to inspire you to pursue learning.
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working times and places, such as working remotely.
- Dog-Friendly: We love our 4-legged friends — dogs bring joy and excitement to everyday life at the office!
- Cell Phone Plans: All staff have options between different cell phone plans that support them best
- Beautiful headquarters in the heart of Victoria: Situated in the BC’s capital city with stunning downtown harbor views
- Remote work: All staff have the option of working remotely and we offer a WFH stipend to help you get set up at home.
- Company Events: We love engaging our staff in employee team building activities!
KIXEYE is seeking a talented and versatile 2D artist to join their growing art team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating concept art, illustrations, and high quality visuals for use on our
diverse catalog of games.
You will be an experienced concept artist and illustrator, with demonstrated experience working in many styles and mediums. You will be able to leverage the art style of our games to create a wide range of assets, including but not limited to: concept art, in-game art and banners, web graphics, social media, and posters. You must be versatile in working with and manipulating already-created art assets into polished, usable formats across the same wide range of mediums.
Required Experience and Skills
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, working across Photoshop, Illustrator and more
- Experience creating concept art and illustrated art
- Ability to work on projects at every stage (from exploring visual identity, to working on
- established projects)
- Great understanding in use of composition and color theory
- Knowledge of graphic/visual/stylistic trends in art, film and games
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change
- Ability to design and work within branding guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Concept and create game visual identity definition
- Concept and illustrate new and unique assets for existing games
- Create polished assets for marketing campaigns, and for use in game (banners, advertisements, posters, social media graphics etc)
- Provide creative solutions, concepts and designs for game art
Nice to Have
- Experience with UI, 3d modeling & texturing
- An avid gamer, with a passion for excellence in games
**All applications must contain a link to a work portfolio**
Location: Canada, remote work or office in Victoria BC
Reports to: Art Director
KIXEYE is committed to inclusive hiring practices! All are welcome; diverse candidates, women, and LGBTQ+ persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The battle has begun. Swipe & Destroy!