ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual Reality (VR) Game Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology. We are a hybrid Vancouver-based studio with employees working remotely from all over Canada.
OUR GAMES: We have published over 30 VR tiles since 2013 on every major platform and in every major global market. Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with prominent industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR game development.
OUR VALUES: At Archiact, diversity is developed and directed by our employees. Inclusion is the way we show our commitment to this core value. Diversity in all areas of our workforce helps us build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible to everyone. From our community to our games, we are committed to respecting the rights and self-determination of all people. Our goal is simple: we seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where our teammates, especially those who are marginalized, can thrive. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity is more than a statement, it is a core value which we continually strive to uphold through our words and our actions. We do not see that commitment as a milestone to be passed, but as a constant, ever-evolving process to be actively pursued, reviewed, and improved upon.
ROLE OVERVIEW: This is a permanent position. We are looking for a Senior Animator to join our team on an exciting new project. You will be part of a small team of AAA vets who believe that VR’s time is now and want to make the next big VR game event. The Senior Animator partners closely with the Animation Director and Lead Animator on various VR projects. This role is for anyone that is looking for a new challenge working in VR as well for those that want to take the next steps in progressing their career.
We are a hybrid Vancouver-based studio so are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely. We also offer relocation assistance to candidates who wish to move to BC, Canada.
ABOUT YOU: Y ou enjoy working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets. You are an effective communicator, organized, well-balanced and inspiring to work with. You are an expert in animation, are familiar with all the latest tools and techniques and enjoy the creative problem-solving process. You thrive in teams and are open to taking on new challenges. You live to raise the quality bar and passionately care about the final game experience and how you can contribute to it.
- Work closely with the Animation Director and Lead Animator, to establish the creative, quality and performance bar for the animation team, creating character performances and gameplay oriented animations.
- Create high quality content utilizing both motion capture data and keyframe animation.
- Collaborate with different departments to create dynamic user-centric experiences.
- Troubleshoot and solve animation issues while organizing and prioritizing animation tasks.
- Mentor other animators in best practices and techniques.
- Provide concise, constructive feedback and solutions when identifying recurring issues/ needs.
- Document new or updated processes to ensure the team is up to date.
- 2+ years of game dev experience and at least 1 shipped title as an Intermediate or Senior Animator.
- A portfolio/showreel demonstrating your skills and experience.
- Proficient in Unreal Engine or similar engine packages, Maya and MotionBuilder.
- Experience with challenging platforms. Familiar with best practices and a keen eye on its limitations as well as its future visual potential.
- Good knowledge of gameplay mechanics and systems.
- Good facial animation skills and techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Strong leadership skills and a team-player with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization, communication, and time management skills.
- The ability to give & take direction and implement feedback.
- The ability to think outside the box to establish more efficient techniques.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Working with outsource partners.
- Experience working with VR hardware.
- Experience with AAA games.
- Avid VR gamer.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits including employee assistance program (in effect from first day of employment).
- Annual Health & Wellness allowance.
- Generous annual vacation time and sick days.
- Paid studio closure for the Winter Holidays.
- Your choice between fully remote, in-studio, or a hybrid work arrangement.
- Relocation assistance for candidates outside of BC, Canada.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An inclusive and diverse team and atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR gaming.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Archiact is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, where our expert team has been crafting unforgettable virtual and augmented reality experiences since ...