3D Animator - Contract
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a 3D Animator to join our team.
Animators at Rooster Teeth need to have a strong sense of action timing and body mechanics, and be able to work with cameras in action scenes. They should have some prior series experience as an animator working with TV/series quotas, and be able to manage several shots on their plate at once. Their reel should demonstrate an ability to handle dialogue and action/fight shots in a sequence.
In addition to shot work, Animators are expected to test rigs and generate library poses and cycles. A familiarity working with mocap data is a plus, but not required.
- Utilize Maya to produce animated content under direction.
- Work with the Animation Director, Supervisor and Leads to achieve the right look and feel of our shows, providing and responding to critiques and reviews effectively
- Follow established protocols in file management structure, project organization, and version control
- Self-assess progress and utilize time management techniques, as well as production tracking software, to meet deadlines and milestones
- Collaborate with leadership to properly document production disciplines for our pipeline.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully.
- 3+ years working in a production environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- In-depth proficiency with Autodesk Maya required, Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and Shotgun Studio a plus.
- Strong sense of visual storytelling (emphasis on character performance, fight choreography, shot composition, and timing)
- Strong understanding of animation principles
- Strong leadership skills and self-motivation to help the team complete tasks within a deadline
- Work well within a team
- Past experience with motion capture is a plus
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com .
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community-built entertainment company