Remote 3D Character Animator and Generalist
We’re a team of experienced designers and developers, building new simulation games. Our current project is about AIs and memories. We are growing and are looking for a passionate, talented 3D Generalist to join our team!
In this role, you will
- Work closely with Studio Leadership to develop a variety of art assets for Gallium game projects, working to keep a consistent style per project and ensuring on time delivery of assets
- Take animation from initial concept through to implementation in Unity, animating rigged assets made by the team or yourself
- Create animator-friendly rigs for a wide variety of characters, creatures and props.
- Have the ability to flex and create assets for diverse art needs (Characters, Env FX, UI, etc) that may pop up on our small team
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for asset guidelines and implementation techniques
- Collaborate with creative, design and technical leadership to support and improve the gameplay and technical requirements of the game, offering art-driven solutions to design challenges
- Display strong communication/listening, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- 2+ years of professional experience in creating production-ready rigs and animation for 3D games
- You have an animation reel showing key-framed character and creature animations
- Proficient with modeling within common 3D applications (Maya, Max, Blender etc) and industry standards for the asset production pipeline in games
- Good instincts for realistic and stylized motions, demonstrating proficiency in the principles of animation
- Experience in using the Unity game engine is a must.
- Knowledge of VFX pipelines and general workflows
- Strong technical skills with experience implementing assets in Unity
- Experience working with multiple disciplines/stake-holders
- Highly collaborative and positive personality
We’re looking for someone creative, who takes initiative, and can execute at a high level with minimal supervision. We especially appreciate experience with simulation games, and games with user-generated content.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Indie game studio from Will Wright (The Sims, SimCity) and Lauren Elliott (Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?)