Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a Character Artist who is passionate about creating inspiring characters. Awesome and inspiring characters make for great games, so you’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Modeling, texturing, creating UVs, and engine implementation of characters for a game developed with the Unreal Engine
- Working with the art team and technical directors to establish best practices for the character assets and pipeline
- Coordinating with third-party vendors to ensure the character assets they produce are high quality and consistent with the game’s art direction and technical specifications
- Actively participate in technical and artistic problem-solving discussions that result in high quality and scalable solutions
- Review assets to ensure they are technically sound and ready for rigging and animation
- Closely collaborate with production and the rest of the art team to create and maintain a transparent and reliable schedule
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- A passion for creating amazing character models
- A strong understanding of human anatomy
- Experience with costume design and character customization
- Experience leading or mentoring other artists
- Expert-level knowledge of character modeling
- Expert-level knowledge of character texturing in Substance Painter
- Solid understanding of asset optimization techniques/challenges
- Mastery over vertex normals' impact on low poly shading
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Thrive in a team-oriented, creative environment
- Self-motivated, with great time management skills
- Willing to take risks and learn from failure
- Strong portfolio of realistic and stylized characters for games
- AAA game development experience a plus
- Shooter game experience
- Experience developing and maintaining shaders
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance (100% of premiums paid)
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO
- 8 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave
- Remote-work Friendly
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Mountaintop is a new game studio from veterans of Naughty Dog, Oculus, Respawn, Epic, Double Fine, and Hidden Path.