We are a critically acclaimed Swedish game development studio with about 180 experienced and skilled employees. We are most well-known for developing the Warhammer: Vermintide franchise, but have also helped develop a number of AAA titles and will soon be launching the highly anticipated game Warhammer 40,000: Darktide.
We have grown quite a bit over the last few years and are almost two-hundred “Sharks” now, but we still embrace the same values that we started with and still think of ourselves like one big family with fun at the center. Come into our world, a world known for our crazy internally designed socks, hackweeks, and Friday afternoons for studio-wide “social play” time. It all adds up to an approachable, fun, passion-driven yet communal environment for us to work in.
We are looking for a talented and versatile Gameplay Animator to join our team! You will work with first person rigs as well as a wide range of Enemy characters to help develop exciting and visceral combat. The role will entail very close collaboration with Game Design and AI, a team where every member has a lot of responsibility and influence. You need to be flexible and creative and able to plan your work efficiently to meet deadlines.
At Fatshark all members of the team are involved in the decision making. We are a small enough team to be agile, but big enough to realize great ideas together. You need to be an excellent team player, communication and collaboration is key in this highly creative environment.
What we offer
Here at Fatshark, we do what we love most: design high-profile games for PCs and consoles. We offer you:
- A playful, friendly and inclusive work place
- Hands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative/multiplayer games
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks
- Developing games with our own engine - Stingray
- Regulated flex time and paid overtime
- Occupational pension
- Yearly health benefits and health checkups
- Yearly bonus program
- Office located in central Stockholm
What you'll do
- Work closely with Game Design and programmers to create impactful Animations for a FPP experience
- Animate first person rigs with weapon handling and combat
- Develop and animate enemies, using both motion capture and hand-key animation
- Design and implement Animation State Machines
- Meet challenges with creative solutions
- Estimate workload and plan animation work
- Work to improve character animation quality in all areas
- At least a year of experience animating in the game industry, with a heavy focus on gameplay animations
- Experience of First Person animations
- Experience working with motion capture
- Strong skills in hand key animation
- Expert proficiency in Autodesk Motionbuilder, Maya or similar animation software
- Great understanding of animation rigs
- Experience of designing and maintaining Animation State Machines
- A problem solving mentality
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a multidisciplinary team
- More than 2 years of experience in the gaming industry
- Experience in leading a team
Most of us are currently working in a flexible way (both from home and the office), but the onboarding is being done in the office. This position will eventually require you to work from our office.
We look forward to review applications. We will be interviewing shortlisted candidates continuously until the position has been filled.
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Start: ASAP 2022
Form of Employment: full-time, permanent
Your application has been successfully submitted.