We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
We are excited to add talented Lead Animator to join our team to bridge the gap between compelling animation and responsive gameplay. You are a problem-solver with a heart for breathing life into digital characters! As a part of our highly talented animation team, you will collaborate closely with the animation, design and programming teams to create and implement high-quality keyframe and mocap animation.
- Partner with Designers to ensure that they achieve responsive, immersive gameplay that feels rewarding to our players.
- Collaborate with other animators to elevate our quality, share knowledge and inspire creativity.
- Facilitate and maintain communication across all stakeholder disciplines (production, design, art, audio, VFX) throughout the development of your areas of responsibility.
- Work together with Artists and Riggers to establish both core and secondary functionality of our characters.
- Contribute to efficient pipelines and procedures across the animation team.
- Be proactive in assessing and evolving the gameplay experience.
You’re passionate about redefining the boundaries of both the craft and technical aspects of animation. You possess a high level of knowledge in the principles of animation and skill in implementing them. You’re excited to work as part of a close-knit team and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback that elevates the project and encourages all towards excellence. You value independence and self-motivation; we desire to build a team of animators that always feel empowered to remove obstacles and overcome challenges to deliver the best work possible.
- Expertise in gameplay animation using a 3d package - Maya preferred
- Knowledge of game engines such as Unreal and Unity and creating systemic animations.
- Nimble and able to prioritize and problem-solve quickly
- Strong collaboration skills within and across disciplines
- Able to respond effectively to creative redirection
- Scripting experience super helpful!
- An animation reel that demonstrates high quality hand-key and mocap examples
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts...