Mobile 2D Artist
THE HERO (M/F/D) WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a highly skilled Mobile 2D Artist (m/f/d) to join our Mobile games team at our location in Berlin or Hamburg.
The Mobile 2D Artist (m/f/d) will be responsible for creating concept art, sketches and in-game 2D graphics (textures, environments, buildings, icons, characters etc.) for one of our new mobile games. You will work closely with our engineers, designers, producers, product managers and other game artists to produce unified assets within a given feature.
- Work closely with the Mobile Lead Artist and Art Director to understand Illustrations styles and develop techniques to enhance artistic vision.
- Sketch, illustrate and paint concept art to support the game designers and art director in setting the look, feel and style of the game.
- Produce 2D illustrations to support the marketing and product teams to publicize the game.
- Conceptualize, design, and create 2D in-game assets, UI, characters and environments by using available art tools.
- Active involvement in the game creation process by interacting with the design team.
- You will be responsible for containing a consistent art style and quality in our mobile game, while constantly optimizing it, and creating new ways of making it more exciting
- Understand the game design requirements and translate them as visually dynamic assets that support the product vision and gameplay needs
- Support the development of asset libraries and guidelines where required
- Completed a degree or equivalent experience in illustration, fine art, or design.
- 2+ years of experience as a video game artist.
- Credited with at least one shipped mobile title, from concept to launch.
- Strong drawing and painting skills, conceptual design experience, graphic design, and an exceptional portfolio demonstrating a creative passion and work in various styles!
- Strong skills in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are a must, along with working experience in using other 2D art tools.
- Very good written and spoken English
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience with 3D art tools (eg. Maya, Blender) and using Unity
- Basic conversational German
- Multiple company benefits to choose from, in a Cafeteria system, that match your personal lifestyle: subsidization of the public transportation card/bike lease/internet bill/gym subscriptions/Hellofresh/Etepetete and many more!
- Flexible work times with the possibility to work from home. You earned it!
- A very international team of like-minded geeky colleagues from over 30 nations, who share the same passion: gaming!
- Learn German or improve your English with our online German/English classes!
- Regular company parties and team events. The fun never stops!
- Great opportunities and a challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally in a fun and lively work environment. Satisfaction guaranteed!
Oh and did we mention, that you can bring your dog to work? Good boys & girls are always welcome!
You can reach our recruiters for further questions under email@example.com ABOUT US
The gamigo group is one of the leading publishers of online games in Europe and North America and focuses on publishing, operating and support of online and mobile games.
Counting over 300 employees in Germany, Poland, South Korea and USA, gamigo is one of the most important players in the gaming industry.
The gamigo group currently has a portfolio consisting of over 25 massively multiplayer online games and more than 5.000 casual games. The game selection includes first-person shooters, fantasy RPGs, building-strategy games, mobile- and casual-games.
Since the company’s founding in 2000, this diverse portfolio has been build-up through company acquisitions, purchasing of game licenses as well as worldwide publishing rights.
Part of the gamigo group are gamigo AG, gamigo Publishing GmbH, Aeria Games GmbH, gamigo Portals GmbH, gamigo US Inc., gamigo Inc. and Kings Isle Entertainment Inc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The gamigo group is one of the leading publishers of online games in Europe and North America.