Creative Assembly is looking for a Lead Animator to join our team based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex. This is a unique opportunity to work on a forthcoming major release.
As Lead Animator, you will bring creativity and passion to the team and work collaboratively with other disciplines to craft and implement believable in-game animations.
The ideal candidate for this role would be an established Lead or an experienced senior looking to advance their career into a Lead role.
- Be responsible for managing the gameplay animation team. Fulfilling the project’s animation requirements and ensuring the team’s wellbeing
- Set and communicate quality levels to the team and provide feedback to meet these levels, ensuring that all animation is in line with the IP holder’s expectations
- Cooperate with other disciplines to find the balance between functionality and aesthetics
- Help to set realistic schedules, identifying potential bottlenecks and problems before they arise
- Guide the direction of new animation tech, providing feedback to the animation, programming, and tools teams
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience working as a 3D Animator in games
- Knowledge of animation implementation in-engine
- Proficient in Maya
- Motion Capture experience (both capturing performance and implementing data)
- Strong hand-key animation skills
- Excellent communication skills, able to work both independently and as part of a cross discipline team
- Ability to receive and apply critique and to contribute constructive feedback
- Able to lead and mentor animators of various levels of experience
- Self-motivated with strong time-management skills
- Interest in and knowledge of Total War titles or strategy games in general
- Experience developing a title from start to finish
- Knowledge of rigging
- Experience of game engines such as Unreal, Unity
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19. Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
SEGA HARDlight is SEGA 's third UK-based studio. The developers behind Sonic Dash, Sonic Forces Mobile, Sonic Racing, ChuChu Rocket! Universe, and mo...