Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented 3D animator to assist our Cinematics team in creating the next generation of Epic animated films. The cinematic animator will be skilled at animating characters at a level that lives up to the ever-increasing Blizzard Entertainment standard of quality. The ideal candidate has a passion for animation and film making, with experience animating a diverse array of characters and creatures in different styles, from cartoony to realistic and anywhere in-between. A solid grasp of body mechanics and character acting with a mastery of the 12 principles of animation are essential. You must enjoy working on a highly collaborative team of peers as passionate about making great movies games as we are.
Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development, television, or film industry using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- A demo reel demonstrating high quality hand-keyed animations through solid body mechanics and engaging performances.
- Passion for film, animation, and video games
- The ability to work closely with the Directors, Animation Supervisors and Leads developing, defining, and maintaining high-end cinematic animations.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Assist in supporting and evolving the Cinematics team with constructive feedback both technically and artistically
- An animation test might be required (Acting or Action - ask for details)
- Artistic skills: story boarding, gesture drawing, 2D animation, composition
- Technical skills: rigging, scripting, and understanding of pipeline
- Physical skills: acting, martial arts, and choreography
- Filmmaking skills: cinematography, pre-visualization, editing, and story writing
- Leadership experience
- Understanding of FX, particles, cloth, and hair as they contribute to a character’s performance
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences... ever.