Lead 2D Artist
Job Description for Lead 2d Artist
What will you do here?
• Lead and mentor a creative artist team
• Define the visual style for various projects
• Create character concepts, environments and backgrounds in collaboration with the game designer and art director
• Conceive the game interface and menus
• Make sure that all the graphic assets have an unitary graphic aspect, in accordance with the game’s determined style
• Work with the team to improve the production process and perform benchmarking
• Cooperating with the designer and developer team
How are you going to work and when can you start?
• You will work full time in a hybid office schedule with a declared employment contract
• Your direct lead will be the producer of the project, and the colleagues you work most closely with will be: 2D artist, 3D Artists, Designers and Animators.
• The sooner you can start, the better! Of course, if you have a notice period, we will wait for you
What will happen to you on the first day and in the first 3 months?
• On your first day, we will introduce you to everyone on the team. The game’s producer will tell you more details you about the game you will be working on, while the artists will tell you what the artist team is currently working on.
• Also on the first day you will receive your onboarding plan, which gives you details about the things you will be doing and what’s expected of you over the next 3 months.
• Right from the start you will also find out who will be your assigned buddy, the colleague who will help you during your first few months to have a great time here. You can ask him anything at any time, be it things about the project or about what’s the best place to eat at in the area ( there are many cool places to eat at nearby).
• During your trial period, we will continue to support you and give you feedback on your work. And of course, we’d love it if you also shared your opinion and suggestions with us.
What are the qualifications I need for this position?
• Minimum 3 years of experience in video game industry
• Strong knowledge of color theory
• Excellent sense of color, the possibility to create well-balanced color palettes, an ease of transposing ideas into already decided colors
• Outstanding drawing and composition skills
• Knowledge of classical drawing and painting techniques
• Ability to work in an already defined style
• Previous experience in a leadership position
• Skill with Photoshop or 3D development tools
• 3D modeling experience in low and high poly
• Experience in texturing
• Degree from an Art College
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English CV and with your art portfolio. We will look at what you have created so far.
Please note that our system can't handle files that exceed 10 MB, so if your portfolio exceed the file limit, please upload it to eg. Google Drive or Dropbox and send us an access link.
If you have worked on your own game or application, send us your link and we will be happy to check it out!
No cover letter is required. But if you usually play mobile, please share with us your favorite ones :)
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV will be reviewed by our art director and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next there will be a home challenge, a chat with an HR colleague of ours and another interview with the producer. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in more about working here.
If the test fails, we will notify you within few days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
You've been working as a 2D Artist for a while and you are ready to work on something exciting and spectacular?
On a project where millions of people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Budapest is looking for a Lead 2D Artist.
About Gameloft Hungary:
Our studio has been operating in Budapest for 10 years, and our goal is to develop casual and semi-casual games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now we worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania, Disney Getaway Blast and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
What can you expect from us?
• We are a 80-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on our own games and ideas
• You would work in a small agile team of 4-5 brilliant and professional artists where everybody’s inputs are valued
• The team is international, and we have several foreign colleagues
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney.
Why work for us?
• We are creating awesome games enjoyed by millions of players worldwide.
• Our office is in the downtown area and can be easily reached by public transport.
• Good performance is always recognized, so if the game you're working on makes a profit, you will receive regular bonuses.
• We have a flexible work schedule.
• Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day).
• We value health, which is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screening and flu vaccinations.
• Every summer we have a few studio wide team building activity (paintball, quad tour, making soap box and of course we usually have goulash).
• Every year we organize several Game Jams where food and drink are on the company and you can have fun alongside your teammates.
• Coffee, tea and fruits are always at your disposal in the office.
• You'll also get a fitness pass which gives you access to all Life1 venues in the city.
• We have an Employee Assistance Program (legal and financial advice and mental health service provider).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Gameloft, we have a passion for games that fuels everything we do, from being amongst the first to bring them to mobile back in 2000 to creating mu...