2D Character Animator & Artist
To support our games department, we are looking for a motivated 2D Character Animator & Artist (f/m/d) for the graphic development of a new project in part-time or full-time and temporary employment in Cologne (or remote within Germany or broader Europe).
btf GmbH is a production company for film, television and video games with offices in Cologne and Berlin. Our portfolio includes numerous award-winning projects in the fields of film, television, games and art. With our new project, btf GmbH continues down its path to become an independent game developer.
After the success of our video game, "Trüberbrook“, we are now starting work on a 2D platformer in the "Metroidvania“ genre, among others. The game is currently in an early stage of development.
- Visual conception and realization of various side characters, enemy types and bosses
- Creating hand-painted, fluid frame-by-frame animations for games (comparable to "Hollow Knight“, "Cuphead“ or old Disney animations)
- Importing animations into the Unity engine
- Experienced with typical human or human-like animations for video games (walkcycles, jumping, falling, attacking animations, etc.)
- Animation principles are internalized
- Experience with 2D character shading (shadows, highlight edge, materials)
- Ability to create versatile character designs and iterate independently
- Good understanding of image composition, proportions & colors
- Adaptation to different styles and development of own design language
- Solid understanding of design principles
- Teamwork and communication skills for feedback sessions
- Familiarity with genre representatives such as "Hollow Knight“, "Ori and the Blind Forest“, etc.
- Knowledge of other design or artistic fields
Your application has been successfully submitted.
btf GmbH is a film and television production company - independent since 2012 - with locations in Cologne and Berlin