Klang is a Berlin-based game studio whose mission is to create deep and meaningful online experiences that bring people together.
At the heart of Klang is SEED, a large-scale virtual world that will provide immersive social experiences through gaming.
Caring, Harmony and Innovation are at the core of SEED as well as our core values as a company. We want to continue building a nurturing and collaborative environment for our employees with an evolving structure that adapts as we grow.
Klang is looking for an Art Director - MMO Simulation (f/m/d) who is responsible for encouraging, leading and driving the artistic vision and development of SEED. As Art Director (f/m/d), you will maintain the creative vision and quality bar for the product while managing the art department. If you want to work on an ambitious and ground-breaking project, and want to see a massive and colorful simulation come to life, we have an amazing opportunity for you!
What you will do:
- Provide artistic leadership and lead the art department to drive the overall vision of the project. This will include concept art, 3D assets, VFX, animation and UI.
- Oversee the aesthetic unity of all visual parts.
- Contribute to the art pipeline definition and develop milestones for the art team.
- Supervise and manage outsourced artists, providing them with input, reference, and feedback.
- Collaborate with creative leadership and other team leads to identify and solve problems, influencing the direction of the project to support the artistic, game design, and technical goals.
- Lead the visuals on marketing and PR to ensure visual coherence across all branding, marketing material, and social media assets.
Who we think will be a great fit:
- At least two projects as an art director (shipped or otherwise).
- A strong Portfolio of art direction or art production (concept art, illustration, 3D) showcasing a taste for minimalistic and stylized art.
- Broad knowledge of all art disciplines including: concept art, character design, animation, environment design, VFX, UI, lighting, shading and rendering.
- A thorough understanding of art pipelines, the capacities and technical constraints related to the Unity engine, and different game genres.
- Strong communication/listening, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Passionate to make and play games, with knowledge of current titles, genres, and industry trends.
- Knowledge of 3D softwares such as Maya and/or Blender.
- Experience developing an MMO, RTS, or Simulation game.
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel reimbursement
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Klang is a Berlin-based game studio whose mission is to create deep and meaningful online experiences that bring people together