2D Character Animator
The 2D Character Animator will be responsible for drawing and animating our in-game characters and collaborating with the Design team to create the correct number of frames for each of the game's entities. We are planning to use a classic pixel art style for our characters (think classic SNK sprites). This is a full time position for 13~ milestone months.
About Project "WindowsCE"
"WindowsCE" is a codename for a new project developed by Poppy Works and its partners.
This is an all-new fast-paced action game set in an existing classic game IP. Poppy Works is taking the IP in a brand-new direction; pushing the look of the classic art while taking inspiration the original technical limitations. Our team and publisher have experience and educated knowledge of the genre we are working in.
Everyone on our team is interdisciplinary. Showing a diversity of skillset and execution will be a good indicator of a strong candidate. "WindowsCE" is being developed with Gamemaker Studio 2. Applicants will need strong English-language skills.
- Draw a majority of the entities in game (Player characters, enemies, critters, etc)
- Work closely with the Design team to block out character animation frames.
- Finalize, shade and animation frames for use in final game.
- Work with the Design team to ensure sprites are compliant to sizes and standards.
- Traditional animation or pixel animation background.
- Strong understanding of anatomy.
- An appreciation for fighting games.
- Strong visual design skills and experience working closely with artists.
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, iterative team environment.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Can enjoy fast-paced action games or fighting games.
- Experience with Gamemaker Studio 2 Sequences.
- Experience creating characters for platformer or fighting games/mods (such as MUGEN, etc).
- Reasonable experience working with an entirely remote team.
- Familiarity with various bug tracker system(s) and version control repos.
All of our applicants and our team members generally agree to the following principals:
- Poppy Works has been a remote studio since its founding. Timely Communication amongst the team is critical to the success of any of our projects. It's better to over-share than to not share at all.
- Being proactive in requesting help or materials from others is key to success on a remote team.
- Balancing work and life is not only important for the health of our team members, but for the health of our projects.
- Members of our team will have respect for all races, spiritual beliefs, sexual identities and level of ability.
All candidates must be able to adapt to remote working, asynchronous communication and be willing to attend remote meetings with their peers and colleagues to resolve issues and to collaborate on meaningful tasks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Let's make some games.