Redwood City, CA, USA 100% Remote
Do you ever scroll Instagram/Pinterest for hours looking at beautiful homes and spaces? Do you love design in all its forms? Are you a seasoned 2D game artist? Then this might be the role for you! Storm8 is looking for a talented 2D artist to join us creating beautiful spaces in our massively popular interior design games! We are looking for a n experienced and eager concept or production artist with a passion for producing creative, high-fidelity visuals alongside a small team of fun and collaborative game developers.
The ideal candidate will have a deep interest in design and popular culture and have at least 2 years experience working within an established game studio. Portfolio should include concepts as well as production work, and final in-game assets.
- Design a wide variety of environments depicting a large spectrum of interior design styles
- Develop concept sheets that are clear and detailed for 3D artists to work from
- Share knowledge and resources with other teammates
- Immerse yourself in the interior design space, including trends and popular media
- Utilize your concept art skill set to create vibrant and immersive settings and compositions.
- Actively develop your skills and tool set, prioritize learning and growing
- Home design sensibilities and learn to identify and reproduce trends in popular media
- Help guide and support other artists through peer feedback
- BA degree in fine arts or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of game development experience
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Experience developing a wide range of assets from characters, to props, to UI
- Fast learner with attention to detail
- Strong understanding of core artistic principles including light/color, composition, structure and perspective
- Able to communicating visual concepts to provide feedback
- Experience with Maya (or equivalent) and Adobe Creative Suite is required
- Unity knowledge is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.