Rigger (Narrative Adventure)
Would you enjoy the freedom to create AAA first party PlayStation games working from anywhere in the UK including our Liverpool studio?
We're looking for a Rigger to join a talented team working on a dark, story-driven next generation 'Narrative Adventure' with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
- Define and produce animation rigs for characters, creatures, and props
- Own the skinning process for a variety of rigged assets
- Comfortable with all forms of character and prop deformation including bones, blend shapes and displacement maps
- Critique assets on an ongoing basis to drive continual improvement and ensure quality across the game within defined budgets
- Foresee potential issues and communicate effectively to department leads and Development Managers
- Help develop and define enhancements of in-house tools for the team and as per project requirements
- Experience in a Character, Creature, Prop Rigging role
- Knowledge of rigging pipelines and able to give solutions to complex deformation models
- Understanding of art authoring packages and transitioning data to game engines
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
Experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Games industry experience
- Unreal Engine 4 or higher
- Console development
- Maya and scripting languages: Python, PyQT, Maya API
- Familiarity with Motion Builder
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Your application has been successfully submitted.