Senior 3d Artist, Metacast
The candidate’s mission as Sr. Technical artist is to drive innovation in technology and product around streamed media. We are building interactive spectator technology for sports franchises, performers, volumetric capture partners and more. Our focus is on real-time streaming, procedural cinematic cameras, volumetric rendering and building cross-platform experiences!
You will be working as a Technical artist with an agile team building rapid prototypes of ambitious ideas. There will be a large client-facing aspect to the role as we work with externals to bring huge ideas to life. We are innovating and failing fast, working to create new experiences and explore the limits of what is possible with software, hardware and the latest networks. Our prototypes will showcase Unity as the engine to power the future of 3D interactive media experiences!
Our goal is to reinvent and redefine how users consume media. Do you have a passion for reimagining how entertainment media works?
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the Creative Director and innovation team to build 3D environments, prototype visual effects and volumetric experiences.
- Solve technical challenges related to procedural and volumetric content generation.
- Coming up with unique solutions, outside-the-box thinking and stretching the capabilities of Unity
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to help build features and solve creative problems.
- Optimize Unity projects to meet the performance requirements for target platforms.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with Unity VFX Graph, Shader Graph and artist workflows in Unity.
- Working collaboratively in a source-controlled environment.
- Understanding of graphics, shaders and fundamentals of the Unity’s render pipeline.
- Hands-on experience with DCC and artist tools like Houdini, Maya, and or Blender, Photoshop.
- Ability to speak both art & technology inspirational language with both internal and external partners.
You might also have
- Knowledge of cinematography fundamentals, cameras and lenses.
- Excellent eye for lighting, color and composition.
- Experience with building high-end mobile applications.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating interactive, real-time 3D (RT3D) content.