ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology.
OUR GAMES: Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early pre-pro stages of a new and highly innovative AAA project with leading industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR and AR game development. Interested? Read on.
OUR VALUES: At Archiact, diversity is developed and directed by our employees. Inclusion is the way we show our commitment to this core value. Diversity in all areas of our workforce helps us build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible to everyone. From our community to our games, we are committed to respecting the rights and self-determination of all people. Our goal is simple: we seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where our teammates, especially those who are marginalized, can thrive. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity is more than a statement, it is a core value which we continually strive to uphold through our words and our actions. We do not see that commitment as a milestone to be passed, but as a constant, ever-evolving process to be actively pursued, reviewed, and improved upon.
ROLE OVERVIEW: This is a permanent position. We are looking for an Environment Artist to join our World team on an incredibly exciting new project. You will be part of a small team of AAA vets who believe that VR’s time is now and want to make the next big VR game event.
We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely. We also offer relocation assistance to foreign workers.
If you are shortlisted, you may be asked to perform an art test.
ABOUT YOU: You enjoy working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets. You are a good communicator, well-balanced and inspiring to work with. You understand the basics of making game-ready asset art and are familiar with the latest software and modeling techniques. You live to raise the quality bar and passionately care about game art and how you can contribute to it.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Working closely with the Lead World Artist, you will be responsible for creating props, player items, environments and other elements that make up our game world.
- 2+ years of game dev experience on shipped titles.
- Proficient with 3D modeling software and able to build low/high poly art assets.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating the above.
- Demonstrated above skills and experience with world hero assets like ships, weapons, world assets and foliage (characters and creatures a plus).
- Proficient in all stages of the development of a game-ready asset (prototyping, modelling, UV-unwrapping, baking, texturing).
- Experience creating tileable materials.
- Experience creating and using trim sheet and modular system for the architecture.
- Familiar with game art best practices with a keen eye on its limitations as well as its future visual potential.
- A good communicator and fast learner with a passion for improving your art.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine on a shipped project.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Game dev experience in VR.
- Experience working with shaders.
- Proficient in Z-brush, Substance Designer/Painter, and other like software.
- Experience working with VR/AR hardware.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits.
- Generous annual vacation time and sick days.
- Additional bonus holidays throughout the year.
- Flexible work schedule and remote working.
- Relocation assistance for candidates outside of BC, Canada.
- Fully equipped onsite gym.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An international and diverse atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR/AR gaming
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Archiact is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, where our expert team has been crafting unforgettable virtual and augmented reality experiences since ...