Senior 3D Animator - Battlefield Mobile!
Pasadena, CA, USA 100% Remote
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade, has taken on their next mission of creating the newest FPS title for mobile: Battlefield. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to work towards our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating new experiences to reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
Our team culture is collaborative and we expect everyone to think like game makers, approaching development with a Player First perspective.
The 3D Animator works closely with Lead Animator and Designers to help define and execute best in class animation standards. In addition to creating high quality animations for characters, vehicles and cinematics, the 3D Animator understands processes and workflows for the project and works within the animation system to support animation and design. The ideal candidate proactively seeks opportunities to elevate the game, gives and receives constructive feedback, and thrives in a highly collaborative environment.
- Create high quality in-game animations for characters, vehicles, props
- Provide artistic guidance to internal and external animators
- Use of Maya and/or Max
- Adapt and/or create the animation style that supplements the art direction.
- Work with technical rigger to assure quality rigged/skinned characters
- Identify animation needs and strategy for accomplishing them
- Review work from external partners and provide feedback.
- Work fast and collaboratively to make your stuff happen
- Drive the animation look and feel through hands-on work
- Create visually stunning characters, vehicles, weapons through stellar animation
- 5+ years of experience in videogame development including several development cycles
- A Strong animation portfolio demonstrating expert keyframing skills in multiple styles including realistic.
- Thorough understanding of current artistic/technical requirements for video game production pipelines
- Mocap experience
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing animations into the pipeline.
- Strong ability to adapt and execute in different art styles (photorealistic and stylized)
- Expert understanding of fundamental animation principles like posing, timing, weight, anticipation, resolution
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to find solutions from a visual, production, and technical perspective
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams to envision, plan, schedule, and execute animations that support and enhance gameplay while raising the visual bar of the game.
- Experience in Unreal Engine
- Experience in technical aspects of animation such as rigging/skinning
- Experience in working with remote teams (outsourcing)
- Mobile gaming passion
- Facial animation experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.