This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hardsuit Labs is looking for another great animator! Do you love crafting the moment-to-moment gameplay and great player experiences? Do you enjoy putting together all the pieces and then watching players do amazing and wonderful things? Want to help the player to live out their action-oriented fantasy through compelling motion and gameplay? If you are a skilled game animator with a solid knowledge of animation principles and body mechanics, we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Key frame animations across multiple skeletons and rigs
- Work with bipeds, quadrupeds, and more to craft compelling characters and creature combat experiences
- Collaborate with design to help drive player fantasy through iteration and execution of player movement
- Work closely with production, engineering, QA and VFX to ensure successful delivery and execution of work
- Join a strong collaborative animation team environment in a remote working environment
- Collaborate and communicate with HSL’s partners to ensure adherence to core requirements and procedures
- Contribute to and be a part of Hardsuit’s culture, environment, and team
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of animation experience, or degree in game design/animation
- Strong interest in player and creature movement, gameplay and storytelling through gameplay
- Experience in Unreal Engine, Blueprints, Animation Trees, and animation pipeline
- Fluent in Maya
- Keen knowledge of 1st and 3rd person player animation and gameplay systems, cameras, and principles
- Strong key frame animator, able to work in subtle, stylization
- Familiar working with motion-capture data and pipelines
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills who enjoys collaboration and team wins
- Action oriented self-starter who can take initiative and drive forward even when work is ambiguous
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
Nice to Have
- Shipped games experience
- Mesh Skinning Vertex weighting experience a plus.
- Understanding of MEL/Python
- Understands rigging concepts and techniques
- Knowledgeable about game industry trends and animation techniques
- Experience in a game development role other than animation
- Job Title: Animator
- Reports to: Director of Art and Animation
- Department: Animation
- Work Location: On Site in West Seattle, or Work from Home / Remote (with WA State residency)
- Employment status: Full Time
- FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
- Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. For this position, we are presently unable to sponsor employment Visas.
- Benefits: Flexible vacation plan with above standard PTO, Health, Dental, & Vision coverage; Healthcare and Daycare FSAs, 401k with company match; Life and Disability insurance, Technology Stipend, Paid Sick leave, commuter benefits, paid company holidays and office closures, and free parking with gym access
- Active company culture that fosters clubs, games and movie nights, company events, and parties
About Hardsuit Labs
We are an independent game developer, founded in 2015 in Seattle, Washington. We believe that great games can only be built with great people and that great people thrive and do their best work in a healthy, collaborative, and positive work environment that values them. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace and building equity throughout the organization. At Hardsuit Labs, we are respectful and inclusive, we are problem solvers and efficiency champions, we are curious and collaborative, we are flexible and adaptable and most of all we are always looking to deliver excellence in the experiences and products that we craft!
As a studio we have built a reputation as an Unreal Engine focused development house, working in a multitude of genres and games, from support work and work for hire to original development. We have long standing relationships with some of the largest gaming companies in the industry and are a certified developer across all major platforms.
Hardsuit Labs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Hardsuit Labs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at Jobs@Hardsuitlabs.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Independent game development studio in Seattle