Berlin, Germany 100% Remote
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Hero (m/f/d) we are looking for:
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior 2D Artist (m/f/d) to join our Mobile games team at our location in Berlin or Hamburg.
The Senior 2D Artist (m/f/d) will be responsible for creating concept art, sketches and in-game 2D graphics (textures, environments, buildings, icons, characters etc.) for one of our new mobile games.
You will work closely with our engineers, designers, producers, product managers and other game artists to produce unified assets within a given feature.
- Work closely with the Mobile Lead Artist and Art Director to understand Illustrations styles and develop techniques to enhance artistic vision
- Sketch, illustrate and paint concept art to support the game designers and art director in setting the look, feel and style of the game
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor other 2D artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to production
- Produce 2D illustrations to support the marketing and product teams to publicize the game
- Conceptualize, design, and create 2D in-game assets, UI, characters and environments by using available art tools
- Active involvement in the game creation process by interacting with the design team
- You will be responsible for containing a consistent art style and quality in our mobile game, while constantly optimizing it, and creating new ways of making it more exciting
- Understand the game design requirements and translate them as visually dynamic assets that support the product vision and gameplay needs
- Support the development of asset libraries and guidelines where required
- Completed a degree or equivalent experience in illustration, fine art, or design
- 4+ years of experience as a video game artist
- Credited with at least two shipped mobile title, from concept to launch
- Strong drawing and painting skills, conceptual design experience, graphic design, and an exceptional portfolio demonstrating a creative passion and work in various styles!
- Strong skills in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are a must, along with working experience in using other 2D art tools
- Very good written and spoken English
Bonus points for:
- Experience coaching junior artists
- Experience with 3D art tools (eg. Maya, Blender) and using Unity
Your application has been successfully submitted.