This job is no longer accepting applications.
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be the latest recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
As a Senior Animator at Certain Affinity, you'll be part of a creative team generating highly polished in-game animations for AAA and original IP titles. This is a great opportunity to assist in the project's design by providing pre-visualization animations for gameplay elements and evolving and refining motion for characters, weapons, vehicles, and environmental objects. Are you looking for an opportunity to work with insanely talented, humble, and collaborative game devs? Then look no further and read on.
- Work with the Art Director, Lead Animator & Design team to visualize and integrate motion into a highly immersive world
- Lead/direct activities and implementation of animation assets
- Mentor other animators on technique and process
- Create animations in a variety of styles, from ultra-realistic mocap based movement to highly stylized hand-keyed motion depending on the needs of the project
- 4+ years experience in the game industry, specifically associated with character and object animation
- Shipped 2+ titles as an animator
- Experience using proprietary editors, software, and tools
- Experience establishing and driving new workflows for content creation
- Expert-level knowledge of Photoshop or other image editing tools
- Expert-level understanding of the principles of motion as applied to characters, cameras, objects, and vehicles
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 (Other proprietary editors are a plus)
- Excellent understanding of animation pipelines and workflow
- Ability to work within predefined styles from realistic to stylized and effectively communicate this style to the rest of a team
- Knowledge and application of both keyframe and performance capture animation in a real-time environment
- Solid grasp of performance requirements and constraints of current-generation console and PC development
- Solid understanding of how animation by way of performance, staging, dynamics, timing, and pacing influences player response and feedback to help make a game fun and engaging
- Experience mentoring other artists and animators
- Must be able to initiate visual direction without specific concept or design
- A desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience managing, scheduling, critiquing work for multiple artists
- Experience in the setup, organization, and performance direction of a motion capture shoot
- Expert level knowledge of Maya. MotionBuilder and other 3D animation packages are a plus
- Strong foundational knowledge in traditional arts, including but not limited to graphic design or illustration, life drawing, acting, and cinematography
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you may not be eligible for employment as a fully remote employee. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered. Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Kicking Ass and Making Games