This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a talented 3D Artist who has a passion for Hard Surface modelling covering anything from Armour & Weapons through to Vehicles and Prop design.
You’ll be working on an exciting new AAA video game title alongside our concept team, helping take initial ideas through to functional in-game assets.
We require a solid understanding of the games development pipeline from interpreting a concept sketch, through high & low poly modelling to UV mapping and baking textures as well as the skills and software knowledge for each of those stages.
An eye-catching portfolio is a must, we want to see that passion for Hard Surface modelling.
We're looking for personalities who will fit our culture of innovative creativity and collaborative problem solving.
The ability to adapt and interpret a 2D concept into 3D is a must for this role, so please include your most creative pieces in your portfolio to show us what you can do!
If this interests you, we encourage you to send us your portfolio and show us what you’d bring to our flock.
NOTE - At this time we are considering remote work applications due to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions on movement.
Artists at Atomhawk work on a variety of projects alongside their team members. We work at all stages of visual development, from early concepting through to production and marketing. We work with brands including WB Games, XBOX Game Studios, 2K, EA and Sony, helping shape the visual design of the games of tomorrow.
We look for the following things in people who want to join our team:
- Quality at all stages of the process – Creation of 3D models that are cleanly modelled, organised workflow& files, well presented and defined from initial blockout through to final model & maps.
- Design thinking – Solving creative problems when adapting 2D concept, balancing form and function, always being aware of the whole pipeline and the requirements
- Technical skill – Max/Maya/Blender, Zbrush, Substance, Marmoset, Photoshop and an understanding of the usual development software & tools. An understanding and interest in real world mechanics would also be a benefit.
- Art fundamentals – A strong grasp of proportion, silhouette & anatomy.
- Variety and iteration – The ability to provide multiple creative options, then iterate upon them as projects progress.
- Adaptability – Switching quickly and fluidly to new requirements and processes when required.
- Working to a brief – Understanding creative briefs, then considering elements such as context, timescales and creative constraints when solving tasks.
- Time management – Creation of high-quality work within allocated timescales.
- Collaboration – Receptive to taking feedback and working together with team-mates and clients.
As well as having the chance to work on some incredible projects, Atomhawk offers a unique environment for those wanting to be surrounded by like-minded creative people. We have one of the largest in-house teams of specialist digital artists in the world, providing a collaborative community that works, develops and socialises together.
Atomhawk provides structured career development and training pathways for staff at all levels. We offer flexible working hours and a strict ‘No-Crunch’ culture, meaning overtime is not required within the art team. This is alongside a market appropriate salary, relocation allowance and comprehensive benefit and bonus scheme.
Our UK studio is based in the North East of England on the banks of the River Tyne. Newcastle Quayside is just a short walk from our office, with hundreds of bars, shops and restaurants to choose from. Not only being one of the UK’s most affordable major cities to live in, it is also close to the coast and countryside, perfect for when you want a change of pace from the buzz of the city. Transport links are excellent, with Newcastle International Airport offering flights across the world.
Atomhawk is part of Sumo Group. Find out more at https://www.sumogroupltd.com/.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are a multi-award winning art and design studio providing concept art, interactive design and animation.