3D Generalist (Prototype Artist) - All Levels
Los Angeles, CA, USA 100% Remote
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a 3D Generalist (Prototype Artist) to partner with game leadership teams to help prove out core gameplay. A successful candidate in this role is a multi-disciplinary artist that has a deep understanding of a specific art discipline, but also has a broad knowledge space. The ideal developer will use their wide range of skill sets to help progress all aspects of the game forward no matter the size of the task.
- Partner with game and discipline vision holders to set up and iterate on various art and gameplay initiatives
- Work closely with design and engineering teams to solve technical gameplay hurdles
- Block out various character and creature models to help determine readability and scale
- Quickly create and make iterative adjustments to environments to help prove out gameplay.
- Set up basic rigs w/ block out animations and create keyframe poses to help advance gameplay feel
- Hook up various VFX assets to help determine readability and viscerality of movesets in the game.
- Strong knowledge of 3d software packages such as Maya and/or Blender.
- Great artistic sensibility and excellent eye for design, color, composition, and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Unreal, Unity, Blender, Substance Designer/Painter and other middleware packages.
- Self motivated with the ability to research and learn new tools that can help move the game development pipeline forward.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.
Your application has been successfully submitted.