Junior Concept Artist Intern Unity
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada 100% Remote
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you interested in joining our team of highly experienced, versatile Artists working on a diverse range of creative projects?
If so, we're looking for a Junior Concept Artist who is passionate about using their visual skills to distill complex ideas down to simple images that can connect effectively with an audience!
What you’ll be doing
- Build sketches, storyboards and high-fidelity illustrations to communicate product vision to internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with product, design, UX research, and engineering leads to develop, support and refine visuals.
- Contribute original Artistic ideas to elevate basic sketches into more polished work.
- Expand your experience by working closely with highly experienced Artists.
- Support the team where needed to the best of your abilities.
What we’re looking for
- Solid experience in concept art and a relevant qualification.
- A diverse portfolio including appealing and whimsical character and world design as well as real world, product or application focused examples.
- A good understanding of colour theory / composition / layout. The ability to convey a message effectively and efficiently. Some experience with 3D software either Maya or Blender to support your 2D work.
- Enthusiasm! A Strong collaborator and communicator. The confidence to ask questions to ensure a clear understanding of your brief and strong time management skills.
You might also have
- Games or Film industry experience.
- Experience working in both photorealistic and non-photorealistic, "mass-appeal" art styles.
- Unity knowledge.
What to expect from your internship at Unity
- Duration: 15 or 16 weeks depending on your academic calendar. Start date May 2 or May 9 2022
- Mentorship: You’ll be working simultaneously with a manager and a mentor to help you develop your skills throughout your internship.
- Impact: Our interns are working right alongside full time team members on projects that have a lasting impact on our product and services.
- Networking & Development: Learning activities, networking opportunities, and social events take place throughout the summer to enrich your internship experience.
Basic requirements - Canadian student cohort 2022
- Current students pursuing a relevant university program, returning to their degree program for at least one semester, and graduating in December 2022 or in the year 2023.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.