Environment Artist (Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US and Canada.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for an Environment Artist who’s passionate about building extraordinary new experiences that inspire others. Awesome art makes for great games, so you’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Creating models, textures, and materials for stylized 3D environments
- Collaborating with level designers to populate environments
- Working with Art Manager to manage environment art outsourcing, and providing quality feedback on incoming environment assets
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- A passion for creating amazing environments
- Solid understanding of workflow and art pipeline
- Knowledge of high and low-poly modeling
- Knowledge of hard surface and organic modeling
- Expert texture artist
- Solid understanding of asset optimization techniques/challenges
- AAA/shooter game development experience
- Thrive in a team-oriented, creative environment
- Self-motivated, with great time management skills
- Willing to take risks and learn from failure
- Strong portfolio of architecture, props and landscapes
- Knowledge of texturing in Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter and Designer
- Knowledge of Z-Brush
- Experience with Unreal on a shipped commercial game
- Experience with real-time and baked lighting setups
- Experience working with environment art outsourcing teams
- Experience working on FPS games
- People management experience
- Concept art experience
- Level design experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance (100% of premiums paid)
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO
- 8 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave
- Remote-work friendly
Your application has been successfully submitted.