Anywhere Remote only
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Junkfish is looking for an experienced 3D Animator to join our growing family in the UK and Singapore. You will have the opportunity to work on Attack of the Earthlings Mobile and also ‘Monstrum 2’, the multiplayer sequel to our cult-classic horror game - Monstrum. And as part of a culture that celebrates diversity, we encourage you to apply regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age or any other diversifying factor as we strive to improve equal opportunities and accessibility within the industry.
As an animator generalist, you’ll be building technically sound rigs, skinning characters, crafting and implementing beautiful and believable animations that are highly functional and serve the needs of the game, for both realistic and fictional beings. And you are to maintain the artistic vision set forth by the Art Director.
You will be working within a team of highly skilled artists, and as such you must be versatile and able to contribute your own ideas that promote the game’s overall creative vision, creating various assets necessary for the monthly content pushes and milestones.
To champion ideas from concept to completion, you must be a positive team-player, and someone who can give constructive feedback as well as be open to hearing the feedback of others in return.
Most importantly, you must have a strong passion for games and a desire to develop your skills to achieve the highest quality animations in the best time-frame.
- Give life to the characters within the game through the rigging, skinning and animating of human and non-human models that meet the highest visual quality and gameplay standards.
- Ensure animations are both created and implemented to a high level of detail.
- Drive improvements in the art and animation pipelines.
- Collaborate with the team to create animation tasks and help steer the project.
- Understand, maintain, explore, and enhance the visual style of the project.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years game development or equivalent experience, shipping at least 1 title as an 3D animator.
- Excellent 3D animation skills.
- Experienced in Maya, 3ds Max or equivalent program.
- Deep knowledge of the animation pipeline and processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation.
- Ability to create quality asset rigs, skinning and blend shapes.
- Ability to animate a wide range of assets, including props and characters both organic and inorganic.
- Understands the difference in standards and qualities needed by PC and Mobile games
- Excellent communication skills
- Skills in 3D game asset creation
- Experience in mo-cap and lip sync
- Experience with MaxScript, or Mel/Python
- Familiarization with 2D animation
- Workable knowledge of state machines in Unity or equivalent game engine.
Applicants must submit a portfolio for review.
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Singapore and UK (Remote options available)
Dive into indie with Junkfish - a leading, independent video game development studio based in Scotland and Singapore. We develop and deliver unique, innovative titles for a worldwide audience; best known for the BAFTA-nominated, cult-classic horror, "Monstrum". Most recently, Junkfish became the proud winners of the UK Game of the Show with our multiplayer horror sequel, “Monstrum 2”.
Your application has been successfully submitted.