3D Environmental Artist
United States 100% Remote
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Aurorian Studios is seeking a strong, autonomous, and creative 3D Environmental Artist for an ongoing pixel stylized 3D video game project. The 3D Environment Artist will primarily produce landscape assets ranging from individual rocks to large sweeping cliffsides and major terrain features, as well as working on smaller props and larger sci-fi buildings based on concept art.
The game is a farm-life colony simulator made in Unity and already has a medium-sized team working full time. We are an extremely passionate team of indie devs located around the world, and as such we all work exclusively remotely.
Work is full-time equivalent with regular monthly payments, with an option for contribution-based revenue share if interested. The duration of the contract is expected to be around 8 months with some potential for extension after that.
- 2+ years' full time professional experience in 3D modeling/texturing (not education or hobby)
- Ability to conceptualize/visualize environment asset and map placement layout
- Extremely strong sense of visual aesthetic and artistic sense, particularly when it comes to landscapes.
- Hand painted texturing expertise
- Comfortable with natural terrain and sci fi structures
- Zbrush sculpting or similar
- Low poly modelling
- Actual experience with building a published game environment
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Basic Unity 3D or similar experience
- Have experience with stylized art style
- Leadership skills
- Experience creating and/or strong familiarity with Pixel art in general.
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic shader knowledge
- Have worked on a game or other media where the landscapes/scenery played a major role in the aesthetics of the title
NOTE: Failure to follow the below instructions may result in your application being discarded.
Send the following to email@example.com:
- Why you want to join us
- Desired compensation or ideally current cost of living
Applications close February 28, 2022.
About One Lonely Outpost:
Start a farming colony and grow it into a vibrant community. Choose from traditional animals and natural produce or opt for robo-cows and gene-spliced crops. You can take a break from farming by mining, socializing with colonists, finding a love interest, exploring alien ruins, and so much more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.