Senior Environment Artist
At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better when you play them with friends. We build endlessly engaging experiences while striving to eliminate all barriers that get in the way of to playing together. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first-class experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the rare opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape our first game.
A Senior Environment Artist at Elodie must be well-versed in Maya, ZBrush, and Substance with working experience in a modern game engine - Unity, Unreal, etc. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to help shape the Environment Art style, and gameplay of our studio defining project.
- Gather and document reference based on environment design goals and creative direction
- Concept, Sculpt, and Model environment kit assets including POIs and gameplay props
- Collaborate with other team members to develop new environments and environment gameplay
- Taking ownership of your performances - Integrate environment assets in the Unreal game engine, taking assets and features to completion.
- Playing the game regularly to test and verify your work.
- Exceptional skill in authoring environments for games
- 5+ years’ experience in game development authoring environments
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative
- Ability to communicate effectively with other artists, designers, and engineers
- Detail-oriented, independent problem solving skills
- A passion for playing and making games
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the Unreal engine
- Experience painting textures for 3D assets
- Experience concepting modular environment kits
- Experience with cross-platform, and multiplayer development
- Experience worldbuilding
- Experience mentoring other environment artists
- Experience authoring environments for combat gameplay and/or top down camera
Elodie Games has embraced a fully remote-first model. This means that you have the flexibility to choose where you'd like to work. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making games for people, not platforms