SG Digital is excited to announce that we are expanding our reach with a new Studio being created in situ with our gaming colleagues in Las Vegas. This is an exciting development for us as we will be working closer than ever and hand in hand with our land based experts to create the best US digital content.
We create, innovate and develop premium gaming content and fast, flexible gaming systems. Based in Las Vegas, we provide a broad portfolio of market-leading content to some of the largest gaming operators, lotteries and casinos across the globe. This role will be working with our Landbased Studios to take this great product online.
Passion, creativity and innovation are cornerstones of our company. If you want to work in a growing business with talented people who will challenge and inspire you every day to bring out your best,
We believe that success comes from common goals and tremendous efforts. We value merit, expertise, passion and creativity. We strive to ensure that our employees are rewarded for their contributions. You can expect:
· a performance-focused culture right across the business
· a work-hard, play-hard environment
· a rewarding environment
· new learning and development opportunities
· diverse and global opportunities
· a people-friendly culture
· a competitive salary package
· dedicated common areas for rest and socialization, and
· competitive benefits.
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
Working closely and collaboratively with artists, animators, developers, and product owners, the Lead Game Animator is responsible for leading in the creation and development of high-quality motion graphics, animated content and game imagery based on specific game mechanics/story boards and briefs. Their work is directly linked to the signature look of our creations which guarantees their success. Our animators play a key role as the bridge between the creative team and the Development engineers and the Lead Game Animator will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth flow of assets between the teams. Applying their expertise, the Lead Game Animator contributes to all animated aspects of projects and games, such as the following:
- Mock Ups, animatics, and test renders
- Characters and objects.
- Symbols and logos.
- Promotional videos.
The Lead Game Animator will take a hands on approach to content creation and must be versatile to create visual concepts in a range of styles. Their Artistic sensibilities and understanding of the target market will be leveraged constantly to quickly fine tune work for the project at hand.
They will ensure all animation in the studio is created to standard and within projected time frames. They will ensure all animations are of the highest quality and the animation processes in the studio are aligned with the rest of SG Digital. The Lead Game Animator will be expected to contribute to process improvements and be an active member of the larger Creative team within SG Digital globally.
The Lead Game Animator will ensure intellectual property and copyright guidelines are followed and production deadlines are met. They must possess a broad knowledge of casino gaming overall, casino game art and game play.
The Lead Game Animator must have the creative skills to produce and to guide others in the production of animatics, user flows and motion graphics, they will produce work quickly and efficiently and be fully conversant with the current tools of the trade. The successful candidate will be able to design rich and spectacular motion graphics and animations as well as have an in-depth knowledge of rigging, particle effects and other key aspects of animation. A drive to grow and learn, curiosity, passion for the trade and the desire to meet challenges.
- Solid hands on experience of Casino game animation development and production with a portfolio to support this.
- Thorough knowledge of animation principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of animation tools: Adobe After Effects, Spine, etc
- Adobe Photoshop CC - current version (Adobe Illustrator proficiency would be an advantage)
- Ability to visually express concepts and ideas through animatics, drawings and sketches.
- Hands on knowledge of the technology used in games and multimedia.
- Ability to optimize asset using current technology for online delivery
- Skilled at bringing characters to life.
- Technical aptitude and rigor
- Capable of quickly learning how to use new software and of maintaining current knowledge.
- Knowledge of production steps and understanding of creative processes.
- Use of common communication tools, MS Office, Slack, Bluejeans, Teams.
- Knowledge of JIRA and agile methodology.
Also considered an asset
- Comfortable with 3ds Max, or other 3D tools.
- Experience with Game Engines such as Unity or Unreal
- A university (bachelor’s) degree in a related field.
- At least five years’ experience as an Animator in a game studio. Professional experience in the online, video game or multimedia industry.
A performance focused culture right across the business. But that's just the foundation! We also believe in a work hard, play hard environment, where we embrace people who are tuned in to the sound of creativity and innovation. As a truly international company, we can offer you the diversity and the opportunities of the world. Mix this with a people-friendly culture and we got a pretty good offer to give.
So don't just come and work for us, spend your time with us!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.