Art & Animation Recruiter (Contract)
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
We are seeking a passionate and senior level artistic recruiter with strong sourcing and account management skills to help fill high volume staffing across our game development and cinematics teams. As a member of the art & animation recruiting team, your role will focus not only on hiring our top artistic talent (VFX, Lighting, Concept, Character Modelers, Art Directors, and some additional production + TD staff etc.), but also collaborating closely with artistic leaders, mentoring, and developing other recruiters and leading and driving performance management and reporting. You will partner closely with your recruiting manager to help develop a recruitment strategy, identify, and recommend process improvements, and partner with team members in the execution of these critical components of talent acquisition. You’ll be able to successfully manage, prioritize and close searches against a tight timeline while working closely with director level leadership to help influence Blizzard’s efforts towards attracting and hiring hard to find creative talent. This is a contract position with the potential of conversion to full time employee.
- Experience mentoring other recruiters, with a focus on performance excellence and individual development
- Partner closely with hiring teams and leaders to build and execute effective sourcing, assessment, and closing of highly qualified candidates
- Must be able to uniquely source passive candidates
- Comfortable leveraging data to influence hiring at all levels
- Staff for temporary, contract and full-time employment positions
- Partner effectively with recruiting team peers and cross-functional partners (sourcing, compensation, HR, systems and operations teams, etc.)
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management
- Build strong relationships with art schools for temp/project-based staffing
- Attend/participate in industry conferences to hire top talent and continue to build the Blizzard employee brand (i.e., Siggraph, CTN, Lightbox, GDC, BlizzCon etc.)
- 7+ years of hands-on full cycle creative/artistic recruiting experience, preferably in-house or contract at an entertainment focused company
- Comfortable connecting with, and presenting to people of all levels
- Solid multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Able to work autonomously and with discretion
- Easily manage through ambiguity, shifting between priorities and projects seamlessly
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to negotiate and navigate internal and external audiences
- Passion for gaming, animation and/or entertainment
- World-class passive sourcing skills
- Prior experience using Workday Recruit (ATS) and Eightfold (CRM)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to our employees. We offer benefits and perks to contract employees with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences... ever.