The ideal candidate will handle animation needs from end-to-end: create and maintain rigs, build and edit awesome animations, import and test in Unity, and make updates as needed for organic (humanoids, animals, etc.) and mechanical (vehicles, machinery, etc.) art assets.
At HakJak Studios you’ll enjoy a great deal of freedom and creative expression while showcasing and growing your art skills!
What you’ll do...
- Work with the art and development team to collaboratively bring a wide range of characters, vehicles and props to life.
- Using both keyframe and pre-existing motion capture animation, create fun animations that are both artistically sound and fulfill gameplay requirements.
- Integrate animation assets into the Unity game engine and iterate as required.
- Create and maintain existing character rigs using HumanIK and custom setups.
- Other 3D art tasks that suit your skill set and interests, if needed. We’re a small studio (currently 10 people), so this position may not be purely rigging and animating all the time.
What you’ll need...
- Demo reel showing examples of previous animation work.
- Extensive knowledge of Maya’s animation toolset.
- Portfolio demonstrating familiarity with rigging and skinning character assets.
- General 3D art skills: modeling, texturing, knowledge of art fundamentals.
- Good understanding of foundational animation techniques and human mechanics to create believable and pleasing motions.
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- Comfort and familiarity with working remotely and using instant chat tools like Discord.
- Excellent understanding of Unity’s animation pipeline and willingness to learn new tools.
- Ability to work flexibly, accept and give feedback and adapt to change.
- Experience animating non-human characters, like birds and quadrupeds.
- Portfolio demonstrating animations integrated in a game, and/or the Unity engine.
- Knowledge of Plastic SCM or similar VCS.
SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT!
- A link to your beautiful portfolio(s)!
- Got a demo reel? Put that hot goodness front and center; make it easy to find. After all, this is an animation position.
- Links/media of projects you did just for fun / learning (personal art, game jam collabs, etc.)
- Flexible working arrangements.
- An excellent work-from-home equipment setup; your “artist haven”.
- 2 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks holiday time off at the end of every year, paid maternity/paternity leave, paid holidays and sick time.
- Full employee medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Working with some really cool people (and Jed) on really cool games that will be seen and played around the world!
APPLYING FOR A JOB DURING A PANDEMIC
- HakJak Studios is a new and growing company, backed by the fine folks at tinyBuild.
- We’ll help you set up your perfect workspace at home; your creative haven.
- Work remotely for as long as you like! Although the core team is based in Boise, Idaho, USA, we’re all working remotely right now and wouldn’t expect you to change your work arrangements if we set up a physical office in the future.
- Apply! Send your Resume to email@example.com You'll get a reply from us to acknowledge receipt and another one later to let you know if you've made it to Stage 2.
- Stage 2 will be a simple screener interview with 1-2 people from the company to meet you/video chat, get some context on your experience and goals, and whether our needs align.
- Stage 3 might be a fun art test, if we think it makes sense. We'll give you plenty of notice, and we'll compensate you for your time if you choose to take it!
- Stage 4 will be a deeper, more technical interview and an opportunity to meet more of the team and get to know each other better. After this, you'll either get a job offer or some feedback from us to help you apply successfully in the future
Why the thorough recruiting process?
We want to hire top notch talent, take great care of you, and give you the resources to continue leveling up for years to come! At HakJak Studios, you’ll enjoy a great level of freedom and creative expression. We’re striving to build a dream team and work environment that everyone will love.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Small game studio in Boise, Idaho. Currently making http://PigeonSimulator.com @ThePigeonSim for birb-only content. http://HakJak.com for all the th...