Senior 3D Artist – Virtual Reality – Contract
Charm Games is an independent developer of virtual reality (VR) experiences based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Founded by veteran game developers with passion for VR, Charm Games is focused on creating beautiful adventures in virtual reality on Oculus, Steam, and PlayStation.
Our goal is to create accessible, immersive experiences that invoke feelings of mystery, wonder, and charm. Our design philosophy is centered on ensuring players never leave feeling like they wanted something more. We value rapid iteration, continual growth, constant collaboration and the ability to make decisions that give the best experience for our audience.
About the Position
The Senior 3D Artist - Virtual Reality is responsible for creating amazing high resolution 3D models for props and environments as assigned and within the established timeline. They will work as an integrated part of a multidisciplinary team on an art-forward project that pushes the graphical limits of the target VR hardware. They will work in an art pipeline on this project that will include video editing and export workflows.
You will be successful in this role if you are excited by the prospects of working in virtual reality and passionate about using your skill in 3D art to create beautiful and memorable player experiences.
This is an in-office or remote temporary full-time position for a six month term, with the opportunity to become permanent at the end of the contract. This position will encompass work on an unannounced project. The successful candidate will be based in the Pacific time zone and must be eligible to work in Canada through the end of the six-month contract term.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create high quality final 3D models (both high poly/low poly), environments, props and basic animations
- Creating prototype models and effects for visual development of scenes in VR
- Creating shaders and lighting 3D environments
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with the team (Creative, Design, Tech and QA)
What you’ll bring:
- A solid portfolio demonstrating your versatility with modeling, texturing & lighting
- Ability to collaborate and incorporate feedback from design, art or technical direction
- Proficiency in art packages including as Maya/Blender, ZBrush, Substance Painter, & Photoshop
- Experience creating low-poly art for a shipped title
- Experience working with video editing and exporting in Adobe Premiere
- Experience using VR art tools such as Medium and Tiltbrush
- Experience creating concept art, storyboards, and storytelling experience maps
- Experience developing for past virtual reality projects
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Developing Standout VR Experiences - We are the award winning #indiedev team behind FORM / Twilight Path. Currently working on #TrialbyTeng